Outdoor Mass at Capuchin Retreat begins Monday, June 1
The friars and staff at Capuchin Retreat are happy to announce that beginning Monday, June 1, the feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church, Capuchin Retreat will begin offering outdoor Mass, Monday through Saturday, rain or shine at 8:00 am. Please note that we will not have Sunday Mass as we encourage you to worship at your home parish. To ensure we are following government protocols, we ask that all attendees follow these safety guidelines:
- No RSVP is required. Please arrive no earlier than 7:30 am. A staff member will be available to assist you with parking.
- Mass will be celebrated Monday through Saturday at 8:00 am on the front lawn of the retreat center. Guests are asked to bring their own chairs and sit on the front lawn, or if they prefer, remain inside their vehicles.
- For those sitting outside, there will be markers on the lawn to indicate where you can place your chairs so social distancing can be observed. Please allow the front parking spaces, (closest to the building) to be occupied by those staying in their vehicles during the services. Families that would like to sit together may do so off to the side of the tent. During communion, the Blessed Sacrament will be brought to you and placed in your hands.
- For those who choose to stay in their vehicles, we ask that you park closer to the front of the parking lot.
- The Retreat House will not be open to the public. However, if the need arises, a restroom will be made available. You may come to the front door of the Retreat House and a staff member will let you in. There bathrooms will be sanitized by our staff after each use.
- For the safety of all in attendance, we ask that all attendees outside wear a face mask. For those in their vehicles, we ask that a mask be worn when communion is brought to you.
- Upon completion of the Mass, you will be dismissed by row to aide in social distancing.
We look forward to celebrating Mass with you again! If you have questions, please feel free to call the retreat house at (248) 651-4826. We check our messages throughout the day and we are happy to assist you.